We would like to thank the Calgary Regional Partnership (CRP) Board for guiding our organization the past three years.
They ended the term with strong solidarity among each other and member municipalities. Their commitment to the Calgary Region has put the Partnership in excellent position for the next Board and beyond.
Some highlights of their accomplishments :
- Establishing a strong foundation for the Calgary Region’s future growth through the unanimous approval of the updated Calgary Metropolitan Plan in June 2012.
- Building the first steps in a region-wide transportation network by approving Phase 1 of a regional transit governance model and developing the new Regional Transit Brand (ON-IT).
- Improving investment attraction to the Calgary Region through the development of the award winning
Explore Calgary Region site selector.
- Using new regional marketing tools to bring major businesses and revenue to the Calgary Region. An example would be CRP working with Walmart and Marshall Toner of CBRE Ltd. on the largest industrial real estate transaction in the Region in 2012 (436,000 square feet). Walmart made the City of Calgary the location of choice to expand their Western Canada supply chain network. This resulted in an annual 3.8 million dollar tax contribution for The City and a major overall win for the Calgary Region.
- Providing sustainable development tools for municipalities through the award winning Greenfield toolkit.
- Providing information to citizens and helping educate the Region about the Partnership and the Calgary Metropolitan Plan through a forward-thinking communications program using web/digital and new media technology (i.e. award winning website, videos, infographics).
- Helping educate the Region’s future by completing a three year research program with the University of Calgary’s Faculty of Environmental Design (EVDS) to help Masters/PhD student research on water, growth and environmental stewardship.
Check out more information on the Board and the CRP’s governance model.
We wish you the very best in the future whether that is running in the next municipal elections or your next adventure.